What is boutique girls clothing? Boutique brands are clothing lines ‘dreamed up’ by independent designers, produced in limited quantities and sold at small independent stores, aka boutiques. Sometimes boutique clothes are made and sold directly by the designer or trunk keepers. Often, these cute outfits are made-to-order and, sometimes, the design is absolutely unique. However, there is a number of independent clothing brands for girls that are factory-made, produced in larger quantities, sold in shops all over the country and have a large world-wide following.
In the world of faceless conglomerates, boutique clothing provides a great alternative to big-box brands. Persnickety Clothing, Mustard Pie Clothing, Matilda Jane, Giggle Moon and Joyfolie shoes are just some of such brands.
In the following paragraphs I will talk about the benefits of buying boutique for your girl.
- Boutique girls clothing is unique and exclusive. Because these cute girl outfits are manufactured in limited quantities (and sometime are one-of-a-kind), it is highly unlikely that you will run into a child wearing the same outfit as your daughter or granddaughter. Boutique girl outfits often attract attention with their distinctive designs and earn compliments with their cuteness. Another reason for exclusivity is the way these clothes are sold. Some designers only make their clothes to-order and, while custom order ‘spots’ are in high demand, the number of these spots (in other words, the number of custom orders that the designer if willing and able to fill) is limited. Other brands sell their products through trunk keepers. A trunk keeper shows samples of the clothing to a small group of people, takes orders and then submits them to the head office. Because of limited quantities not all orders are filled. Time, effort and pure luck required to buy boutique girls clothing add to its exclusivity.
- Boutique girls clothing supports local communities and small businesses. These cute outfits are designed by small, often family owned, companies. They are manufactured at relatively small factories mainly in the United States and sold at independent shops. Everything about boutique kids clothing supports small businesses and, at the end of the day, contributes to local communities. When you buy boutique, you shop local. Even when you buy online, you usually shop with small family owned e-commerce businesses in the United States.
- Boutique girls clothing is quality before quantity. Independent designers stay in close touch with retailers as well as the end consumer of their products. They take comments and suggestions seriously and make quality and comfort important parts of their designs. There is a good reason for doing that. Without huge marketing budgets of big-box brands, boutique brands rely on the word of mouth as their main marketing tool. In the world of social media, positive feedback is crucial for survival and growth of indie kids clothing brands.
- Boutique girls clothing holds its value. Because of its high quality, uniqueness and exclusivity, indie kids clothes holds its value and can be easily passed down or cold after your girl is done wearing it. Some clothing even goes up in price! There are many resell communities for boutique girls clothes. If you are thinking about selling your girl’s outfits, good places to start are eBay, various resell Facebook groups and pages and forums such as Moms In Style or GymboFriends.
- Boutique girls clothing is just plain cute! These lovely designs are inspired by the love for children not by the love for profits. Independent kids clothing designers express love for their own kids and children in general through each and every one of their design. These cute girls clothes reflect the essence of childhood and bring out the charm and amiability of the child who wears them.
I hope I have convinced a few of my readers to try boutique girls clothing! May be you can dress your girl in Mustard Pie Clothing for her birthday girl outfit. Or get a Persnickety Clothing dress as to wear for Easter. Dollcake Clothing will be perfect for flower girl dresses and Ooh La La Couture has long been a customer favorite for pageants. Special occasions and family pictures are a perfect ‘excuse’ to get your girl one – or two- boutique outfits.